Friday, August 29, 2008

The Great Minnesota Get Together....

or otherwise known as Minnesota State Fair! There is a huge hype here about what an experience it is to go to the fair, so we decided to check it out. And it definitely lived up to the hype. We had a great time seeing all the different things especially the people.


This is my favorite picture. Jensen doesn't really know what to think. But he was able to hold the baby pig for a bit. It was really cute!

Here we are in the Birthing Barn. That's right, the birthing barn. They say that there is a birth every few hours. There were 12 little piggies born while we were there. There was also a cow in labor for the last 4 hours. It was definitely an experience. We didn't post pictures of that for those of you with weak stomachs.





















This baby lamb is 3 days old, so cute. Jensen really didn't know what he was supposed to do here, but he was brave enough to touch it. After we were done here, he kept trying to turn around to see what the baby lamb was doing.


Like father, like son! This was actually THE BEST roasted corn I have ever tasted. It was amazing and definitely one of the favorite things at the Fair. Jensen loved the corn and was very sad when it was all done.

Here's Reed with his fried Twinkie. Definitely a dream come true. Most of the food at the fair was either fried or on a stick, or both. You name it: fried twinkies, sausage, egg wrapped in sausage fried, fried pickles, sweet potato, hot dogs, french fries, polish dogs, fried cheese curds etc. Well you get the picture.


6 comments:

Kerrie said...

okay, so much fun. Guess what Stan is coming to see you in two weeks and I'm thinking of coming with him! What do you think?

Knowhutahmean said...

Lucky Stan. I can see we needed to come during the fair. Looks so fun.

Grandma Utah said...

I hate to admit this, when I first saw the caption under the twinkie picture, I thought it said here is Reed with his Friend twinkie...Funny, huh? We are so missing you all.

Anonymous said...

YuMmY! Did you try the fried milky way's or snicker bars? Seriously.....what more can they think to fry? I am so glad Reed's dream came true. Until next year TwInKiE.......

Greg and Niki said...

Oh My Goodness! The state fare corn is my FAVORITE summer memory of Minnesota! I was supposed to be there this weekend too. I am so sad that I wasn't able to go. Glad you had fun and are posting these things for me. If you guys ever get a date night go to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre. Acutally you can take Jensen! It is fun!

Erin Bee said...

That looked like a lot more fun than the Utah State Fair. The corn looked fantastic but the Twinkie I'm not too sure about. The boys would love it.