So here's Reed's version of what happened on Wednesday. I have gone through and added in parentheses some of my version too. He also got a red cast in honor of our Utes! What a Fan!
Here's a quick summary in case you care...
I jumped like 5 or 6 feet in the air to get a rebound (playing church basketball), came down on someone's foot, I looked down and it's like I watched my ankle roll in slow motion. I have never felt anything like the crazy pain I felt last night before we got to the hospital. I looked down and the bottom of my foot which is usually supposed to be flat, was hanging at like a 45 degree angle inward...and I couldn't move it. Not good. We were at the church for a few minutes while they tried to figure out how to get me to a hospital and they ended up tossing me in the back of some strangers dodge caravan....pretty sweet.
We got to the ER, they gave me some pain meds and took some xrays. Tthey then gave me some drug that sort of gives you amnesia (Versed, for those of you in the medical field) and then the pulled it straight and let it pop into place. I remember it happening but I don't remember the pain. After all was said and done apparently it was a rare dislocated foot (Talo navicular dislocation) but nothing was broken. We went to an orthopedic surgeon today that said he rarely sees those kind of dislocations and sent us to an orthopod that specializes in feet and ankle injuries.
It's always nice to have your pain validated by all of the ER docs and nurses seeing it for the first time and saying "whoa" and "oh my gosh" and "I've never seen anything like this before" (I always complain to Reed about all the "drug seekers" that come into the ER. When I finally got there the nurse was laughing saying that Reed kept repeating that he was not a drug seeker, but was in a lot of pain and wanted some drugs. They thought that was very funny.)
I found a pic on the internet of what it looks like and Allie said this is exactly what it looked like (actually his looked worse. I was very sad that I didn't take a pic, but I got there right when they were about to reduce it). There's no blood but it's still pretty so don't look if you don't think you can't take it (I actually wanted to post the pic, but Reed said that some people have weak stomachs. I'm kind of sick. I love this stuff, just not when it happens to my husand). Enjoy....
http://www.frontiernet.net/~
14 comments:
OW! I guess you have really been indoctrinated by your wife the nurse about seeking drugs. Funny, but sounds like you know who. I love the red. Mom
okay, gross! What a bummer. How long do you wear the cast? Ouch, I'm sorry that it happened. I bet a bunch of people at church know Reed Edwards now!
That picture was awesome! Good luck Reed.
Olivia, Sophie and Stan just looked at the picture and Olivia said it best "AWESOME!!!"
Bummer, but way to go on showing your commitment to the only great school in Utah! Go Utes. (that was for JR)
Okay, now on to other business. Did you know we missed eachother by a day in Utah? Man, if I would have known I would have come back to SLC to visit you! Hey, did you ever check out my blog a while ago? I had a special post for you, but never heard anything, so I don't know if you saw it. REally what I am trying to ask is "Do you still love me?" ;-( hahaha, anyway miss ya and hope to hear from you soon. Luv, Aub
PS that dang church ball is nothin' but trouble.
Yikes! That story is hilarious, though. I love the double perspective :). And thanks, Reed, for not posting the ankle pic. I can't bring myself to click on the link.
By the way, I met a girl in my new ward who knew you from nursing school. Her name is Kami Stewart; not sure of her maiden name. She was a year older than you at Davis and has blond curly hair. Really nice.
Hope everything's going great! Happy b-day Jensen!
Ouch!!! I hope you are ok! If it makes you feel better, love the color of your cast. Haha!!! Get well soon!
Wow. I must be like you. I like the gore of the pictures. THat looks like it really hurt. Good luck with everything.
I am sorry we missed you while you were in town. I can't believe your little guy is one. He sure is a sweetheart. Tell Reed we are sorry about his leg, I hope he is feeling better. We sure miss you guys!!!!!
OUCH!!!
CRAZY!!!! Man Reed that is not a good thing to do right in thick of the MBA program, but at least it's a RED cast right!?
That is classic church ball! Bummer!! How long does he have the cast for? I loved his version of the story!
That really sucks!!! For you too Ali! It is hard when your husband is out of commission... j/k Reed, I hope that you are doing okay. I broke my foot just like that except mine was turned out! I can still remember the pain so I feel for ya! Hope you guys are doing well, Shea
Church ball is really probably one of the most dangerous things out there!!! Rob doesn't really like to go anymore because it's so ridiculous!! I can't believe what happened to Reed though. I didn't realize that it was that bad!!
Post a Comment