Sunday, August 23, 2009

RUN. DRIVE. SLEEP? REPEAT.

So we did it! 195 miles starting in Winona, WI to Minneapolis, MN. A bunch of members of our ward and some random people we were lucky to pick up, ran 195 miles. We did the Ragnar Relay, The Great River Run, and great it was. We started at 7 am and finished at 1 pm. With very little sleep and several injuries between all of us, we made it. It was my first Ragnar run and I had a great experience. It's a definite test of character. Running 3 different times, getting very little sleep, eating and drinking when ever you can, and being squished in a van with 5 other stinky people. Life doesn't get any better than that!



Here's all of us at the end of the race. Way to go, team Kamanuwanaruna!

Reed and Jensen came to cheer me on my 2nd leg in Bay City. It was my hardest leg of 8.3 miles with 1.5 miles all up Maiden Rock, all up hill. It was listed as my hardest leg, but I would have to say the last leg I ran was the hardest for me. It was only 3 miles at 4 am, but it took everything I had to finish. I ran a total of about 20 miles and would do it again in a heartbeat (well ask me again when I can go downstairs without wincing).

Here's after Maiden Rock. I was so happy to be done.

Most of us ran the last leg with Mara, our last runner. She did awesome! We had quite a team.

He doesn't look that excited, but he was definitely my biggest fan, aside from Reed. Thanks for all the support, boys!

6 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Yea for you! That is a huge accomplishment. I have heard that the Ragnar Races are so much fun (and hard at the same time). I think my husband is going to run in the Wasatch Back next year.

Kerrie said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!

Erin Bee said...

WOW!

Grandma Utah said...

I am so impressed. I have to vote with both Erin and Kerrie.

Brittany said...

Wow. Allie you are hard core! Great job- and stop looking so darm cute after getting no sleep and running 20 miles :-)

Brynnly and Alan said...

You are amazing!!!!