Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jensen's Favorite Things!

Jensen's 6 months now so I though I would do a blog of his favorite things (and mine). It's kind of like Oprah's favorite things, just as exciting (for me, that is) but no one wins any cars or cool prizes.
Here's him on his saucer that he's borrowing from his cousin Kira. He loves to play in it and it keeps him occupied long enough for me to get things done.

Here he is in his jumping thing, also Kira's (thank you Erin). He gets going on this and it looks like he's doing the River Dance.
He also loves his cousin Kira (when she's not poking his eyes out). He just ligths up when he sees her. It's the cutest thing. She just turned 1. How cute is she!

And here's Jensen and his friend Oliver. Jensen loves his little jungle gym and Oliver thought he would join him. There's always room for more!

Some of my favorite things about Jensen are:
1. When he first wakes up in the morning and sees me or Reed for the first time and just lights up.
2. How he just laughs for no reason.
3. How he lights up when his daddy comes home.
4. How he loves to talk. Especially the loud squeals and then looks around to see where it's coming from.
5. How he loves his bath time. Splashing around and most of all just being naked (he is such a boy!)
6. The face he makes when you first put food in his mouth, likes it's the most disgusting thing you could possibly imagine. But then manages to finish the whole thing.
7. when he looks at a bottle, it's like he's been deprived of food for days. And then he just grabs the bottle in hunger and desperation.
8. When he grabs his hands together like he's so excited he can't stand it.
9. When he wrinkles his nose when he smiles.
10. How he has a normal sized head. For most of you this wouldn't be a concern, but I married an Edwards and this is very much a concern for me. However, I have beautiful nieces that have done just fine with the Edwards' head.
Anyway, I just wanted to share some of our favorite things and Reed really wanted to get rid of the "bra blog" from being the first thing he sees when he opens the blog.

9 comments:

Kerrie said...

Reed, I liked the bra blog. I do like this one much better though. I miss him. If you end up at Pepperdine you can blame us, because we are praying for it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie,
This is Valarie (Pitcher) Andrus - It is so fun having the DHS blog and being able to chatch up with everyone and I'm so glad I found you! Your little Jensen is so cute and I bet you're have having a blast being a mom! I'm so impressed with everything you have accomplished in your life so far - you've always been an amazing person though! Take care.
Val

Mendenhall Family said...

Allie, Jensen is so cute. I can't believe the he is aready 6 months old. I am so excited for St George. I am so gald you guys are coming.

Sara said...

Hey...look at me comment! Jensen is looking so big, I mean bigger than two weeks ago. I need the pic of him and Oliver together, that's pretty cute.

Hydes said...

I can't believe he is already 6 months, time flies. He is darling!!!

The Quist Family said...

He is adorable! We love the saucer AND bouncer seat at our house. I am sure that you are finding out how easily kiddie toys take over the house!!

jenny said...

Hey Allie,
This is Jenny(Lewis)Peterson. I came across your blog on the DHS blog! I just wanted to say Hi! your family is adorable. my blog is kirkandjennypeterson.blogspot.com

The Finlinson's said...

Hey Allie,
This is Christine from LDSH. How are things. I found your blog from andrea. It is so great to have something that you can catch life up with all the people I once knew. Your baby is so cute. Love the posts. Where are you working now. Is it still in the ER. I am up at PCMC now. Any way hope things are doing well, they sound like they are. Maybe I will see you at the annual Hawaii Miss. Reunine again.

Keelee said...

He is so darling Allie. That's so funny about the big head concern... I too have those same concerns for my future children, ha. Hows the hair??