Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cache Valley Triathlon!

This was my first triathlon since Jensen's been born. I loved training for it. It gave me a great reason to get out and workout. I have done several kind of races and I just love doing triathlons. The training never gets boring and the race is a lot of fun.




This was before the race. Poor Jensen, we had to wake him up real early to there on time. And he's not much of a morning person, just like his mom.












Here we are waiting for the swim to start. The swim is 750 meters, which I think is about 1/2 mile. Wetsuits were mandatory because the water is about 62 degrees. This was definitely the toughest for me. The water was so cold it was hard to breath in when my head was out of the water. However, this was my best time in the race.



The bike was the 2nd part. It was 12.4 miles along the countryside. It was beautiful! Last triathlon I did, I did it on a mountain bike, and it stunk. So a friend of mine let me borrow her road bike, and it was a million times better. Thanks Tami!



This was the finish after the run. The run was a 5K, but half of it was uphill. What a great feeling to finish. I finished at 1hr 34 min. I took 6th place in my division. I was very excited.




This is after the race. I was sot happy to be done and not feel like I was going to die. I loved seeing my baby boy after the race.


I was so happy to have my family there cheering me on. It makes a huge difference, when you're running or biking and you have nothing left, just to hear your name. And having people yell, "You can do it!" "You're almost there!" Again, I had a blast and was so grateful for all the support, especially from Reed. He took care of everything; the baby, my equipment, and had a very loud voice. I couldn't have done it without him. Thanks Baby!

7 comments:

Kerrie said...

You are an inspiration. I need to get off my butt and do something with you.

Azure said...

Wow, Allie!!! That's pretty amazing. I'm impressed and a little inspired. I don't think that I will be doing a triathalon, but maybe a 5K. I know it sounds weak, but I don't get much exercise.

Stocker Family said...

Hey, your baby is so cute! I have your blog link into our blog too! Thanks so much!

Hydes said...

YOUR AMAZING!!!

Ryan and Alicia said...

Good job Allie! Now I'm even more sad that you guys are leaving. I would have loved to train with you for the next one. I hope you were rocking the enell bra!

Brynnly and Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brynnly and Alan said...

Allie, we missed you on saturday! I thought you were going to be there and was looking forward to seeing you! I haven't seen you since my shower! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jensen. He took a liking to me. He kept playing with my hair. I think he was missin his mamma and my hair was reminding him of you. He's such a sweet baby. Anyway, Reed said you guys didn't have my blog address. It's www.brynnly.blogspot.com. Keep in touch! Hope you guys have a blast on your new adventure in life. Tell Reed hi for me and that it was really good to see him!